Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Today, we start Memorial Day weekend. It's pouring down rain and just yucky outside. However, I can't help but to sit here and be thankful! I am so thankful that my family is together. Last year on Memorial Day, Jay was on the other side of the Earth! Every holiday we spent apart was hard. Even though, he was in a safe place, it was always in the back of my mind... what if today is the day? Thank God! He came home safe!
So, today as it pours down rain, I do wish it would stop. But, I will not complain. I have my two favorite guys here with me, and I'll just sit back and enjoy them! And, I'll keep in mind all the other men and women who are fighting today, so that my family can be together. Thank you to all the military past and present, the ones who came home and the ones who gave their lives. Thank you God, for bringing my Soldier home!

No comments:

Post a Comment